If few seconds of darkness, makes you uncomfortable think about those, whose daily lives are filled with darkness. The Visually impaired face many difficulties in their day to day life. Living a life with normal mobility, dignity and economic freedom is a challenge. And many times leads to social non-inclusion and isolation.
Vallabh Youth Organisation, VYO international family under the able guidance of Vaishnavacharya Pujya Goswami 108 Shree Vrajrajkumarji Mahodayshri, has initiated a national campaign to help visually impaired “BEING BLIND-BEING STRONG.”.
Through this initiative, VYO international network is geared up to transform lives of 100000 (One lakh) visually impaired by donating a Smart Stick called “SAARTHI”
As the name suggests SAARTHI is truly a best friend and a guide for the visually impaired. SAARTHI SMART STICK is a revolutionary innovation.
It is a sensor based device that works indoors as well as outdoors. It comes with 3 modes:
- A. 2 feet for indoors
- B. 4 feet Outdoor
- C. 8 feet mode for Wide Spread Outer Space.
- The device comes with micro USB charging and provides longer battery life of 100 hours.
- The device can be attached to any stick and it can also be used without the stick.
- The stick helps the user to navigate freely with greater accuracy of object detection.
- Resulting in Mobility, self-dependence, and can greatly help the visually impaired to avoid unwanted accidents.
- The power to move in any direction without hesitation has many psycho-social and economical benefits for the visually impaired.
VYO has its strong network in 13 countries and 46 cities of India. Through its network and enthusiastic volunteers, VYO plans to distribute 100000 (One Lakh)smart sticks across India.